wolves: frisbee and foibles
I have wronged. I have been wronged. But I have wronged more than I have been wronged.
I don't know who I am anymore.
I am not accustomed to guilt. One shouldn't, ever. I came home, hoping to write - like I always do when my feelings overwhelm me. What happened was not entirely expected. I ended up talking to a friend whom I didn't know I had.
----
We sat on the edges of the upper court overlooking the turf. Day turned to dusk upon the branches of the trees, and the light rolled off the slate roofs. It was not spectacular, nor magnificent, but it was beautiful.
----
Margaret Atwood says that all stories are about wolves - those that are worth repeating.
It's been a long time since I've watched wolves run. I've never run with the wolves; I was never truly able. Perhaps that is why I watch them so infrequently, and get such a thrill out of it when I do.
I am a wolf. I believe in wolves. Have I ever tried, truly, to be part of the pack? I'm no longer as sure as I once was.
----
I will run with the others. Not alongside, but with them.
And I will - if I can - find a moment of casual beauty within myself, and breathe it to the skies.
[fin]
I don't know who I am anymore.
I am not accustomed to guilt. One shouldn't, ever. I came home, hoping to write - like I always do when my feelings overwhelm me. What happened was not entirely expected. I ended up talking to a friend whom I didn't know I had.
----
We sat on the edges of the upper court overlooking the turf. Day turned to dusk upon the branches of the trees, and the light rolled off the slate roofs. It was not spectacular, nor magnificent, but it was beautiful.
----
Margaret Atwood says that all stories are about wolves - those that are worth repeating.
It's been a long time since I've watched wolves run. I've never run with the wolves; I was never truly able. Perhaps that is why I watch them so infrequently, and get such a thrill out of it when I do.
I am a wolf. I believe in wolves. Have I ever tried, truly, to be part of the pack? I'm no longer as sure as I once was.
----
I will run with the others. Not alongside, but with them.
And I will - if I can - find a moment of casual beauty within myself, and breathe it to the skies.
[fin]
Labels: life
<< Home